2012 Miles

Monday, March 4, 2013

Back to Blogging

After a very long break I am trying to get back into the blogging world. To be honest it is hard to blog when there is not a lot going on.  There is nothing different to report about my working out. I run as much possible because I am training for a marathon like always. Here are a few photos to catch you up on the last few months!

I run 4-6 days a week depending on the week. Weekday runs are 3-6 miles depending on how much time I have and are on the treadmill at the gym a lot of the time. My weekend runs are up to 16 miles and I have 6 more intense weeks of runs to get me ready for my Nashville marathon on April 27th. I am also taking a class called RIPPED 2-3 days a week for my cross training. The biggest change in my running is I have turned into a social runner! Basically I never run alone anymore. Never thought I would be that person. 


Parker is getting so big and is so much fun! It is so neat all of the things we can do now. We went to Great Wolfe Lodge and I overcame my fear of big water slides so that I could take him. He has no fear! So much braver than Mommy :) 




 We sad good bye to our Pug Rancher that we have had for almost 11 years. He was mine and Scott's first dog and we loved him dearly. Unfortunately he had some stomach cancer that was getting the best of him and we had to have him put to sleep. Below is a picture of me holding Rancher for the first time and under that is me holding Rancher for the last time. We will miss him greatly! 



Every now and then I get all dressed up and wear clothes that are not running clothes or work uniform clothes! I am starting to love dressed and have been getting my nails painted. Watch out! This tomboy might be finding her girly side after 31 years. 

My race calendar should stay about the same minus Tough Mudder. It will not be coming to Nashville in May so Scott and I are looking for a different summer event. There are some fun local 5Ks coming up that I will add in there. But my big races will stay the same. Hope everyone out there is uninjured and training hard. Hoping to blog a lot more! Stop by and say Hello! 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blog world!!

    I am so sorry to hear about Rancher, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me!! I can NOT believe how far you have come over the past few years!!

    Tami

    ReplyDelete