2012 Miles

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Proud of Myself!

So Thanksgiving week was going to be a difficult week to get in any working out. Starting on Sunday I was going to be out of town at a conference and then Thanksgiving is always a whirl wind of events; add in going to see Granddaddy at the hospital and things get even more complicated. So I decided to take it one day at a time. I knew the Galt House had a great work out facility so I packed clothes and hoped my teaching buddy was willing to go work out or be okay to fly solo while I went and worked out. On the way up I learned she had packed clothes too! First night there we found out the facilities closed at 7:00 so we did 20 minutes on the treadmill and then walked stairs. Thats right we were the two crazy teachers climbing 25 flights of stairs at the Galt House. We did that for 20 minutes to get in the rest of our cardio. Second day we were lucky that the gym was open until later so we were able to get in 40 minutes the gym.

Once I was back home it was time for the festivities to being. I woke up early on Thanksgiving to knock out 5 miles on the treadmill and even after being sleep deprived from my 4am Black Friday shopping I hit the treadmill instead of napping : ) Super proud of my motivation to get it done! Now is time to have 3 normal weeks before Christmas festivities really pick up. Sweet potato casserole and cheesecake stay away! I need to get in 4.7 miles a day to knock out my 2010 miles for the year. Which is very possible with the bike trainer and the 10 mile runs on Saturdays.

Thanks for all the prayers for Granddaddy. He is doing much better. Eating on his own and overall feeling well. He will have to go to a nursing home since my grandmother will not be able to care for him but we are just thankful for the extra time we will have with him. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with their family.

1 comment:

  1. That is alot of working out in the holidays, nice job finding the time.

    I did black friday once for my mom years ago, never again will I do it.

    And that is great news about for Grandfather.

    ReplyDelete