2012 Miles

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Running from the Holidays : )

So the next two weeks are going to be filled with food, food, food. I never make it thru the holidays without gaining weight! Because I love sweets! Starting tomorrow work will be a buffet of sweets, appetizers, donuts and random other holiday goodies. Then I am having friends over Saturday, couple of nights out and then the real holiday meal start! That is a A LOT of calories. I am trying my best to fend them off. You would think I would not make $100 worth of candy in my own kitchen, huh? Nah... I love making peanut butter balls, oreo truffles, fudge, brownies and cookies. The best part about making is them is that I get to eat one or two and then give the rest away.

Speaking of running I watched the Biggest Loser marathon while I was running tonight and cried like a baby. I have watched numerous episodes before but since I have now ran a marathon myself I felt much more connected to the contestants. When Ada said she wanted to sit down at mile 23/24 I was sobbing. That was the same time I had to fight thru one of my biggest moments. Then when the ran across the finish with their family I was sobbing again. Good thing I was in the privacy of my own basement and not in a gym somewhere.

I e-mailed my husband my running wish list and he was a little sticker shocked by the prices. I want new good running pants and I have to hate a petite so they are like $90 bucks. I want new running shoes and unfortunately my Garmin and the black top had an unfortunate meeting so I guess I need a new one : (

103 miles to go! I will make it! Even if I have to sit on the trainer for 3 hours : )

If any short girls out there know of pants that run shorter or who makes petite let me know. I am 5 foot 2 (barely) so I need really short pants. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Which garmin did you have? I have seen the 305 going for $99 on amazon and walmart.

    All I am asking is for race gear for xmas, my races fees are going to he higher then ever next season, need to stock up when I can, thankfully my mother thinks that me racing is the coolest thing her son can do, I can whine enough for her to help me out next season.

    3 hours on the trainer, well, i really hope you have a lot of great, not good shows on your dvr, that is a long, long time on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great you don't give up! I know which episode you mean, to leave off at mile 23/24, crazy sad. But us runners have to just keep at it. I think good equipment is important, and gives you that extra "push" you sometimes need. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete