2012 Miles

Monday, December 27, 2010

Goal Met!

I am super excited to be done with my 2010 miles! I love that it took me all year because it gave me a reason to go downstairs or go outside and work out on the days I was feeling a little lazy. I have goals for next year and I will post them on New Years Day!

When I stepped on the treadmill I knew I wanted to make my last miles count so I decided to run 5 miles and run it hard. I am not sure what my outside PR is for 5 miles but I think it is 44 something. My treadmill PR was 43:11 and today I kicked it up and finished in 42:35. I am always happy with anything around 45 minutes but was thrilled with my time today!

I did get my new Saucony shoes that I put on here on my wish list and I like them. They do feel different. They are a neutral shoe that can be compared to the Nike Free is someways. I do not plan on running anything more than 5-6 miles in them but I have read of people doing full marathons in them. I also received some new running pants that I am returning for 1 pair. They were all too long of course. My parent bought me an awesome Saucony running shirt that I can not wait to wear. AND I will be getting my Garmin for my birthday on January 11th.

I mentioned blogging about Kona but just lack the time to go in detail about it. Basically these are my feelings:

*LOVE watching it because it is so inspiring and totally motivates me to push thru the pain
*Crowie is amazing to look at and listen to : ) He is the reason I started reading about IronMan
*Crissie Wellington would have won it but Mirinda will give her run for her money in 2011
*Macca knows how to mess with your mind and he deserved the win for many reasons
* I would like more "average" people to be highlighted
* And as Tri Daddy Diesel said "they are genetic freaks" 5:35 average pace for 10 miles!!!

Hope everyone is back on track after the gluttony of the holidays! Can't wait to tackle what 2011 brings to the table!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on meeting and exceeding your goal! That's quite an accomplishment. Hey, you still have 5 more days too!

    I have been looking for others who share an interest in running. I started a blog several months ago in hopes of starting a group to share experiences. If you have time, stop by my blog and say hello.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You did it! :) Congrats! Can't wait to see what you have planned in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! Glad you met your goal with days to spare!

    ReplyDelete