2012 Miles

Monday, January 16, 2012

Too Old to Blog...

Yeah.... I am old : ) Last Wednesday I turned 30! It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I really thought I was going to be all depressed and annoyed that I was getting "old" but I had such a great birthday it was hard to notice. The Saturday before my birthday I had a girl's night out and it was a blast. We took a limo to Lexington and partied until the wee hours of the morning (as in home at 5 a.m.)! Good times! Then on my birthday my husband spoiled me with flowers, waffles, 30 balloons and out to eat. The weekend after my birthday there was another limo trip with some of our couple friends out to eat and home for cake!

Note to self... do not weigh for at least a week after birthday festivities

I am still running when I am not partying : ) My running has been pretty good and I am keeping my mileage up since I am basically 2 months from my first spring marathon. My long runs have been wonderful! But we are still at 12 miles and we all know once you get over 15 miles it gets a little uncomfortable. I have been doing some weights after my work outs and plan to keep that up since I need to build my upper body strength by summer for the Triathlon and for the Tough Mudder in the fall.

Now the birthday festivities are over I am going to try to streak for a month! That sounds a lot more risky than it is. Basically I am going to run for a lot of days straight and with my clothes on. Just a mile will count for days that are typically off days. Also, I am going to try to keep up my 100 ab exercises and 50 push ups each day. If I am a good girl I will get to eat a dessert for Valentine's Day; until then I am REALLY going to keep my desserts and sweets to a minimum and know major eating out trips until then either.

Sorry for the lack of blogging but I have been getting back into work mode after the holiday break and celebrating my oldness.

No comments:

Post a Comment