Kris and I had a great trip down! When we arrived at the expo at 5:30 they were still saying a 30 minute delay on the race but that race organizers and city officials were having a meeting and would make a final decision at 10:00 pm. Kris and I carb loaded on some noodles went to the hotel and had everything laid out with high hopes we would be running the next morning. However, the 11:00 news did not bring good news. The race was cancelled and there would be no refunds. Pretty bummed but we are going to go run it anyway. A lot of people were out the day of the race running the exact course. But Kris and I are going to wait until Sunday when the weather is going to be sunnier and less windy. Still going to earn my 13.1 miles just without the fancy metal and finish photo.
Kris and I got up to check out the snow! It didn't last long. We spent the rest of the day shopping and enjoying my race reward early. I haven't had a cheeseburger and fries since November. I ate it anyway knowing I was going to run my 13.1 the next day. Looks like I am going to try for Lexington in March so I can have an official half marathon under my belt. But Kris is not going to do Lexington since it is a little hilly.