2012 Miles

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Successes and Ramblings

This week has had many successes in my training!

#1 swam 300 meters in 10 minutes 30 seconds. Way fast for me yet way slow for others : ) I have went back to free style. I swim with my face in the water when I can and just keep my head out of the water for long. Not proper technique but it is the best I can do for now.

#2 Biked 22 miles; longest bike ride yet!

#3 12 mile run was awesome! Negative split on my halfway time. Non-runners that means I ran the second half faster than the first half, about 2 minutes faster! 9:40 average pace with a final time of 1 hour 56 minutes!

#4 I woke up early again to run! I can't hardly do the 5:30 thing just yet but I was in the parking lot ready to go at 6:15 a.m.

#5 I am pretty consistently getting in 4 runs a week, 2 bikes a week and 2 swims a week!

~Ramblings~

I don't turn my music on until I have to have it. It kind of re-pumps me up.

I hate new running shoes. They never feel good.

I like cheap shoes. I bought a $130 pair of Brooks that is a "great" running shoe and I hated it! I run in a $50 pair of Saucony Ignitions. Too bad they changed them up a little and the extra cushion is making my feet hot.

I refuse to run outside when the heat index is in the 100s. Therefore ALL of my during the week runs will be on the treadmill since I have had to rejoin to working world since school started on Wednesday.

My son only sleeps late on the morning I get up to run. If I had been home he would have been up at 6:30 am. I came home from my run and he was still asleep at 8:45 : (

I stare into oncoming cars to take my mind off running and I think it annoys people. But I also do not run with contacts so a lot of the time I am trying to figure out if it is someone I know.

If you really need a distraction run through a cemetery and read the names on tombstones. Fast mile of the day : )

I am trying new gel/GU. Does no caffeine help with the belly issues. I GUed at mile 6 and at mile 10 my belly was talking to me : (

Just a few of the things I think about while running! Feel free to comment on any of the above.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on so many things, very impressive, to me, it sounds like your ready for your tri. Remember the race is the reward for all your hard work

    ReplyDelete