2012 Miles

Monday, February 27, 2012

15 mile weekend!

Let's get all excited about a 15 mile weekend and pretend it wasn't suppose to be one 18 mile long run on Saturday : ) So I was feeling very BLAH or as Jeremy described it.... flat! I was so mentally disconnected from running from Friday night until the time I took off Saturday morning. We immediatley decided to call it 12 as a mid-taper weekend. That was a great idea since there were belly issues, chafing and wind to follow : ) 12 miles were completed well under marathon pace and that is all the matters. I was hoping to knock out 6 miles or so on Sunday but well I have a family and they are more important than running. BUT I did meet up with a runner in my neighborhood to run a few miles.

We decided to run a 5K for speed. UMMM..... he is like a 7:15-7:30 pace runner! Whose not??? ME! But I did my best to keep up and was holding my own around 7:30 to 7:45. We even did the "Big hills on the back of Boone" and I was doing my best to RUN hard the whole hill! Since 5K season is coming and I might do a couple this summer I had been curious where I would be at. Well I knocked out a 23:30 on a hilly course, with a full belly and no speed training for months! Guess I still "got it"! It felt great to push myself that hard and have that I am going to die feeling for the first time in a long time. I think 3 really fast miles will become a more regular part of my life again.

Hope you are having a great week and training hard!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing job on that speedy 5k run - especially on hills! Can't wait to meet you for the full in ATL!

    ReplyDelete