2012 Miles

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Whitaker Bank 5K


I LOVE 5K season! I was really hesitant about today's race. My knee was aching (and still is!), I pulled a butt muscle earlier in the week and I was still feeling the vacation bloat! BUT I went out warmed up with a 2 mile run (trying to get in some extra miles for Marathon training) and realized it was HOT! I took off hard and decided I will push until the knee hurts. Well this race is Hilly. At least 8 steep climbs. But I felt good the whole time. I was passing guys left and right! I have always wanted to place in the top 3 women overall and knew today was a possibility since some of the big women runners were not there. I was very pleased with a 25:45 time, second best for the year. And I was the 4th woman in and was 1st in my age group.

The top picture are some of the girls that I run with and do all the local 5Ks. It is nice to have familiar faces at the races on Saturday. Next week is Stanford which is very hilly in the beginning but finished on a downhill. I am going to work on my swimming and biking more this week since my knee is achy. I think I hurt it hauling my 26 pound son and 40 pounds of groceries up the steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment