2012 Miles

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Running Over Time

Railroad Days 5K 2009
Time:30:57
This is the summer I started running and this was the closest I came to breaking 30 minutes the whole summer. My first 5K at the beginning of the summer was over 42 minutes so this was a huge improvement but I knew I wanted to be faster. This is also the heaviest I had ever been in my adult life. Parker was 11 months old and I was still struggling to keep the baby weight off.
Railroad Days 5K 2010
Time: 24:28
Major PR for me! I had broke 30 mins at the first race of the summer but this was a PR by like 2 minutes. By this time I had completed 3 half marathons and was going strong with marathon training for Indianapolis which would be my first marathon. I was also finally back down to pre-pregnancy weight and staying there! Actually a little smaller since I was also training for a sprint tri at the same time as my marathon training.
Railroad Days 5K 2011
Time: 22:55
Another PR : ) This is a great course for that! Coming off the strongest running summer to date. I have now completed 3 marathons and I am registered for #4 in Pennsylvania. Back to my "typical" weight and maintaing very well. This is the fittest I have probably been my whole life and someone at the race actually commented on my arms!

It is amazing what running can do to your health, fitness and lifestyle! I wish everyone could find an active activity to make them happy and healthier. It has been a great 2+ years of running and am looking forward to many more years of running as long as my health and family will support the habit.

6 comments:

  1. Nice job! That is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEAN MEAN RUNNING MACHINE. You should be so Proud I know how hard you have WORKED and the EFFORT this has taken and at the same time being a great mom. Your mom and me are both so PROUD of you and will always SUPPORT you. From a very proud stepdad LOVE YA Barry and PS your arms do like Bluff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so exciting!! you have really rocked your PR progress over the past 2 years!! omgosh, i totally agree on the last part.. it's amazing what running has done for both mental and physical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8+ minute time shaving on 5k is sooooo freaking huge, congrats!!! I was reading this and I hope I can eventually figure out this running thing and do the same.

    Do I dare say "I think you will eventually be sub 20" I think you will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! You look great in the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete