2012 Miles

Friday, June 15, 2012

She was a Runner and a Mother Runner : (

Yesterday there was a horrible incident in a small town close to my hometown in Kentucky. Being a woman runner and a mother this situation has been horrible to read about.  A young woman was running with her sister and quit her run early to go back to the car. Her sister looked for her after she had completed her run and she was missing. She was later found in weeds along a highway. She was a mom of three and the autopsy revealed that she was 10-12 weeks pregnant. The man has been caught and he stated he attacked her for money. I am not sure about you but I do not run with money or any items of value other than my Garmin. Here is a link to the story at Lex18.com.

I am so thankful to have so many running friends that I hardly run alone. However, this will make me think twice about any run that I do outside. I live in a fairly nice neighborhood in a small town but perhaps I am not safe there. Remember to be aware of your surroundings, let others know you are running, run with a phone and know the area you are running in.

No comments:

Post a Comment