2012 Miles

Monday, January 10, 2011

Much Better Start

So last week I was suffering from the New Years Blues and could not find my love for running anywhere! I did get in a nice chilly 10 mile run on Saturday but that was about it. Well tonight I stepped on the treadmill with a mission... run and run fast! I cranked it straight to 7.0 mph and decided to do a 5K plus see how fast I could get in a mile. I ran my "fast" mile last so I think I could maybe get it a little faster if I was running just a mile. I finished with a time of 24:30 and my "fast" mile was 7:22! GO ME!

I might get in another longer run this week if we have a snow day tomorrow since my parents can watch Parker so I can run. If not I will be getting in 5 to 6 miles on the treadmill while Scott is out of town. This Saturday I will get in my 12 mile run since I ordered my Garmin today. I am so bummed that they were $99 on Cyber Monday but I was being good and didn't buy one just to get a good deal. Little did I know 3 weeks later mine was going to hit the ground and die. OH WELL! I also ordered compression socks since all of my other Christmas gifts (running pants) had to be returned because they were all too short. I am just going to tough out the winter in my tights and raggedy Reebok windbreak pants.

Looks like everyone is off to a great start for the New year!

2 comments:

  1. they were too short? i thought that was why you got petite so they would be shorter.

    i'm kicking myself for not getting the garmin for $99 either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you!!

    I had that problem with some compression socks, it sucked cuz I was so excited to find a cheap pair.

    ReplyDelete