2012 Miles

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Weekly Recap for 7/17 to 7/23

This week went about average minus the heat! The heat index has been 105 to 110 most days so I have been running inside.

Sunday: 2 mile walk and Shred 2
Monday: No run but I did do 4 miles on Elliptical, Shred 1 and a 4 mile walk at night
Tuesday: 6 mile run in the heat! Kept it at 9:15 but it was rough; Shred 1
Wednesday: 5 mile treadmill run and Shred 1
Thursday: 5K in 22:10 and arms/abs
Friday: rest day
Saturday: 14 mile run at 9:15 pace

Let me tell you about Saturday. We started early at 6:30 a.m. to try to beat the heat. It was upper 70s before the sun came up and it was already humid. We were feeling good and ran a slower pace the whole time so that we did not end up too hot. I have been very salty after and during my runs so I ate the Cliff Blocks that have the extra sodium (margarita flavored). Up until mile 11 I felt great and never really felt bad. The last 2 tenths I was seriously praying to just make it to the parking lot so that Crystal could see me if I hit the ground. I made it to the window and told Crystal I felt bad. I honestly thought I was going to pass out and had my husband come get me so I did not have to drive home right away. I was super light handed and my legs were numb and tingly. It was not near as hot as it had been with the heat index just at 93 degrees but it was too hot.

Next week I am really going to reconsider when I do my long run. Either get up at 5:00 a.m. or try it at night if we have a "cool" night. But as most of you know it has been just as hot at night as it is during the day.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your ok, I been there before, last year on a ride, I stopped sweating on an extremely hot day, I was scared I wasnt going to make it. I moan and groan about the winter, but the heat is what really gets me

    ReplyDelete